Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ask the Internet: Cooking For Small Children?

Today’s question could be tomorrow’s post, sweet readers. It’s from moi.

Q: Last week, my cousin gave birth to a beautiful, tiny baby girl, and I pitched in watching her other two small children. It was great. We ate ice cream, played a ton of Candy Land, and hit that playground like it was our job.

Here’s the thing: they required a lot of supervision. (They’re little kids, after all.) And that meant there was no time to cook. We made do with fruits, veggies, and PB&J, but food involving prep time and an actual heating implement would have been tough to pull off. Never mind doing it three times a day.

So … parents of young children? HOW DO YOU DO IT? When do you cook? What do your kids eat? What’s your schedule like? How do you prevent them from going on an all-Cheerio diet? I’m in awe of y’all (especially you, cuz), and still totally baffled.

P.S. I don’t have kids yet. I don’t know if you could tell.

A: Sweet readers, I want details. And I’d love to turn the answers to this into tomorrow’s post, if possible. It’s an area in which I have very little (read: no) experience, and I know y’all can edu-ma-cate me. Please, fire away.

(Photo from Growing Kids.)

Want to ask the interweb a question? Post one in the comment section, or write to cheaphealthygood@gmail.com. Then, tune in next Tuesday for an answer/several answers from the good people of the World Wide Net.

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates