Thursday, May 7, 2009

CHG Favorites of the Week

Food Blog of the Week
Stonesoup
Clean, beautiful, extensive food blog written by an Australian chocolate biscuit maker. (Tim Tams? Please say yes.) The meals look simple and filling, and there’s special attention paid to wine. No joke, I want to make everything on here.

Food Comedy of the Week
“We Will Rock You” cold open from Cheers
Did you ever wish this randomly happened to you? I do.



Food Quotes of the Week
This week, it’s three very funny lines from 1999’s mediocre Mystery Men:

“I ... am the Waffler! With my griddle of justice, I BASH the enemy in the head, or I burn them like so! I also have some truth syrup, which is low in fat.” – The Waffler (Dane Cook)

“All I'm saying is, when we split the check three ways the steak-eater picks the pocket of the salad-man.” – The Blue Raja (Hank Azaria)

“We've got a blind date with destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.” – The Shoveller (William H. Macy)

Food Scene of the Week
The dinner scene from My Best Friend’s Wedding
Another spontaneous burst into song, this time at a shmancy restaurant rather than a Bahstahn Bahh.



Totally Unrelated Extra-Special Bonus of the Week
The Scrubs Finale
If you missed it last night, these are the warm, funny last few minutes of the venerable series, set to a Peter Gabriel cover of one of my favorite songs.

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates